Art is Our Voice

Art is Our Voice
The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider's web. -Pablo Picasso

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Greetings From Indiana


Greetings to all my fellow artists from Indiana University in lovely Bloomington. As you can see it still looks like summer here. The begonias are absolutely enormous as is the beautiful campus.


 Yesterday was my art day and I visited the IU Art Museum. The museum has many wonderful collections- Ancient, African, American painting, Modern, etc.  So, as I cruised through the various floors of the museum I took photos of some of my favorite finds to share with you. There was a great faculty show which had a few digital collaborations with the Fine Arts and Biotechnology Department as well as many fantastic paintings.

Here are some pics from the Faculty show:




Here are the digital collaborations printed on vellum










So happy to be able to share a little art with you from afar. Hope everybody is doing well. I'll see you next week.   Kathy