Art is Our Voice

Art is Our Voice
The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider's web. -Pablo Picasso

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Staying Inspired


I'm always on the lookout for different ways to stay creatively inspired. When I can't think of what to paint I'll create a series of collages. I'll make a new inspiration board in my studio using sticky tac to make a large collage. Sometimes, I'll just start doodling in a journal - filling it with random shapes and words. I'll read the newspaper, look at magazines, take random photos in my neighborhood, watch reruns of Frasier on TV. You get the idea...

The artists in our group amaze me with their creative energies. They're so connected with what's happening all around them-the colors, the energy. They pay tribute to social injustices, tragedies, spiritual encounters, holiday celebrations, and the challenges and celebrations of everyday life.



I was so excited to see Linda's painting of Sr Joan. She totally captured her in every way !






                   
David has become the master collage artist- making several collages each week to give as gifts.
                                     
Maria finds inspiration from a photo in a book


Linda pays tribute to Troyvon Martin in a series of paintings

Mike carefully paints an exotic tropical fish paying attention to all the minute details