Art is Our Voice

Art is Our Voice
The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider's web. -Pablo Picasso

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Studio Visit

I absolutely love visiting artists in their studio. So, when my friend Daniel, another fellow McAuley House artist, invited me over to see some of his new work I couldn't get there fast enough. Daniel is a not only a painter, but also a fashion designer, and singer. I never know what to expect when we get together- a hand sewn purse with secret pockets, a song, paintings ??? Well- he had all of those and more to show me yesterday.

Here are some photos to share:


Daniel in his studio
More paintings...







It really was the perfect day !