Art is Our Voice

Art is Our Voice
The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider's web. -Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Artists with Attitude

I recently asked the artists to share their thoughts on the process of art making. Here are are some of their inspiring quotes:

"Art is a form of relaxation for me. It feels good to create something inspired by nature. Also- I get to share some of my creations as gifts which makes me happy."

" A lot of my work is influenced by the architecture I see around me. I also like to knit and use structures with graphic elements in my designs. Creating just comes naturally to me."

"Making art helps take my mind off my troubles. The way I paint is kind of like a dance- an expressive dance."





" I think I was born to be a painter. 
It feels so good to be doing what I was meant to do."